Thursday, December 20, 2012
• Cialis, like Viagra, works by blocking the PDE-5 or phosphodiesterase 5 enzymes and increasing the flow of blood in the penis. This results to an erection which lasts for a longer period, until the sexual act is completed.
• Cialis is widely marketed and can be bought with prescription in various countries including Germany, Finland, UK, Australia, Sweden and Denmark.
• Cialis works fast and for some men it can take effect 16 minutes after ingestion in comparison to Viagra which usually takes effect an hour after ingestion. While Viagra takes effect for several hours only, the effect of Cialis can last for 24 hours and even up to two days.
• Cialis stays in the body longer compared to Viagra which has a half-life of four hours. The 17 hours half life of Cialis means there exists 25% of the drug in the body even after 35 hours of taking in it. This is the reason why Cialis is called a weekend pill. And since it stays in the body longer, a person can still achieve and maintain an erection even after 36 hours.
• Cialis, unlike Viagra which is best taken on an empty stomach, does not interact with alcohol or food so you can still eat a hearty dinner before the big night. This means you can act like a normal person without being inhibited by the erectile dysfunction drug you are taking in.
Cialis is an effective erectile dysfunction medicine that can rival the already-established Viagra. However, you have to check with your doctor if Cialis is the right medication for you so you can maximize its effects and minimize the side effects.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Le Petit Singly is a farm that specializes in making cheese from women’s breast milk. Are you imagining the milking process? Admittedly, that imagery makes me come to the conclusion that it’s an absolutely bizarre and crazy world of cheesemaking in little ole Singly, France. But, no. I think the “donors” bring their milk to the farm, or something like that.
The cheese is produced exactly like it would be for cow’s milk and apparently tastes like it has hints of hazelnut. I still have my doubts about its existence, though. The farm says the cheese is rich in vitamins and nutrients but I don’t think these survive after being ultra-pasteurized. Also, they have an “AB” label, which is the official label for organic products. Does that mean that the women all grazed on organic?
Anyway, you can order breast milk cheese online from le Petit Singly, if you’re interested. Will this be the next trend in the foodie world? You know, something on the menu at Thomas Keller’s The French Laundry (or Per Se), El Bulli or your un-run-of-the-mill experimental haute cuisine. I can hear the waiter now, “Your next course, course 5 out of 13 courses, is a palette cleanser consisting of deep fried fois gras marbles coated in a crispy fig and pine nut crumble. The fois gras marbles are fried in extra virgin Argan oil that was infused with 6 very rare and different herbs found only around the area surrounding Mount Kilamanjaro. The fois gras marbles sit proudly on their foundation of 5 paper-thin slices of exclusive fromage duh Fwahnce (”cheese” is too ordinary) made from FRENCH mother’s milk. (”breast milk” sounds too scary and thus, not very posh.) In between each slice of fromage is a succulent layer of organic creme fraiche, Beluga caviar, French capers and candied pecans - and the whole ensemble is lightly splashed with aged, vintage balsamic vinegar.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Although taken by injection, exenatide (Byetta) is not insulin. Byetta improves blood sugar control by mimicking the action of the hormone incretin. Among other things, Byetta allows insulin to work more effectively in the body.
In studies, Byetta not only improved blood sugar control but also led to weight loss. It's unclear exactly how Byetta causes weight loss, but one effect of the drug is that it delays the movement of food from the stomach into the small intestine. As a result, people taking Byetta may feel "full" faster and longer, so they eat less. The most common side effect of Byetta is mild to moderate nausea, which improves with time in most people. Rarely, Byetta may cause harmful inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis).
Byetta is designed for people who have diabetes and has not been studied as a weight-loss aid in people who have normal blood sugar. If you have diabetes and wonder if Byetta may be helpful, talk to your doctor.